eBooster - Give Windows XP a Boost

Discussion in 'Windows Applications' started by pimpindexter, May 8, 2008.

1. pimpindexter

pimpindexter Matrix Operator Political User Folding Team

[​IMG]
    Download: http://www.eboostr.com/download/

It speeds up your PC and improves application responsiveness by using flash memory and free RAM as an extra layer of performance-boosting cache for your PC. Use up to four inexpensive flash devices to speed up your system. Add more speed to your PC without any hardware upgrade!

I use it on my laptop and works great when i have to D.J. or make large power points for work
    NOTE!!!! Not free only Trial. THis is for Windows XP.. if you have Vista Use ReadyBoost

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  2. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

Seems just better to buy some ram...

3. pimpindexter

I agree, but for those who have a USB stick already why not use it.. I think the program acts more like a Hard drive cache then ram. Kinda like Page files... Only Read and write from a USB stikc is faster then the moving parts of an HD

4. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

should be noted that it is a trial only (4 hour time limit per boot)

Should also be noted that you could just go to Vista and use the built-in ReadyBoost to do the same thing.

5. pimpindexter

Making notes..

6. abhishek_a01

abhishek_a01 OSNN Addict

can give a try :)

7. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

there's no such thing as using free ram as an extra layer of cache, if you launch something and you aren't using the ram somewhere else it stays in ram even after you close the program down

when a program makes a false claim like that it's worthless, it doesn't even know how windows runs the very memory it's claiming to optimize

now if you experienced a real improvement it came from flash memory caching not some kind of ram optimization and while flash memory optimization sounds like a good plan, since they don't know how xp handles ram I say skip this program

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  8. fitz

actually, I think the program does have some merit Perris- it essentially brings ReadyBoost's flash drive caching and SuperFetch's memory caching from Vista into Windows XP.

What remains to be seen is how well designed it is to determine how well it actually works.

9. pimpindexter

i have it installed on my laptop but never ran any beanchmarks on it... I have noticed a differnce when i used photoshop....

(on XP)

For vista i use readyboost for playing BF2 and it runs a lot faster!!

10. SkyFuser

SkyFuser Techtard in Training Political User

You know, unless you like to crash your computer often, clearing 1-4MB of lost RAM won't help.
    And it's not going to go any faster even if you use a RAM optimizer on a 128MB or 256MB RAM machine.

11. fitz

it's not really a RAM optimizer in that it tries to free up ram.. it actually uses more RAM by loading things it thinks you might use next into RAM so it's quicker to access when called.

12. SkyFuser

SkyFuser Techtard in Training Political User

Touche :laugh:
    But still, it's not like 5-10MB of freed RAM will do you any good if your computer originally had 128MB or 256MB of RAM anyways. Still going to be pretty slow : \