EA to embed Ad's in games

Discussion in 'Submitted News' started by Aprox, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

EA had sponsors in the last NFS. Burger King, Axe, and Cingular come to mind.

3. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

EA is also working with ESPN to support real-time sports scores that will scroll across the bottom of the screen like you see on ESPN and ESPN2 currently :)

4. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

aprx its not about embedding, they've been doing that for ages, what they are doing new is making the ads dynamic, so that the ads you see in game will now be updated. so the next time you start nfs for instance instead of that coca cola billboard, it could be a cheetos billboard. This only applies to the PC and xbox new games.

5. Aprox

I realize that some degree of advertising has been in not only EA titles but others for a while now. Its just that now it appears they are making it more obvious and perhaps even part of the game, and thats what makes me mad. Here is a quote that someone posted on a seperate site.

I dont think It could be put any better than that. Am I the only one that feels this way?

6. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

i actually don't care, for instance if its a fairly realistic game in game coca cola cans are fun to see.

7. Aprox

It really depends on the method in which they incorporate the ads. In some instances I agree with you, but usually only when its a natural and un obtrusive way. Knowing EA they will most likely present the ads in unnatural and obvious ways, basically shove the ads down your throat and make you look at them constantly.

8. Land Locked

Land Locked Old Timer

It works this way, they slowly feed it to you and you accept it as natrual.
    If you don't like it, don't buy it! Of course no one will listen to me anyway,
    I warned people years ago about pay-per-view. I said, "Don't pay and it
    will go away." Even after NBC's fiasco trying to charge for the Olympics
    it is here to stay because people pay for it! What's next?