EA downloader SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by VenomXt, Jan 8, 2006.

1. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!!!!
    IF you feel the need to buy from EA dont use the EA downloader

Iv had nothing but problems with this POS program all I F*cling want to do is play BF2 Special Forces Because of known internal bugs with it I get errors that have to be fixed by reinstalls. Right now I hate EA so much im really debating ever buying another game from them. Way to release SH*TTY BUG RIDDEN SOFTWARE

Other people are having the same issue

Id kill for BF2 to be part of STEAM. Valve put EA out of business please... I will give you a cookie.

I will now end my rant for now. UNTIL the game crashes most likely in the next 45 minutes.

EDIT:

*Bangs head on desk* WHY!

look at this tried to patch the freaking game with a new patch.. and look what it gives me after downloading it.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    what type of flipping error code is that. Iv seen Microsoft error codes with more info. Paul Lee (Current EA Pres/Idiot) IF i had the power to crush your mind/genitals with my own mind I would do it over and over again until someone of competence could sweep your remnants up off the ground. )

[​IMG]

Oh look if i reinstall it for the 12th time ( im not kidding) it patches

More Reasons to hate EA

http://www.themightymjd.com/2004/12/ea-sucks.html

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  2. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

oh dear :\ - Cant really comment on them though, seen as I dont game :p

3. VenomXt

sigh at least i got a game in and it only crashed to desktop once.

4. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

EA is the worst thing in the gaming industry, they buy out decent game producers then make a sequel and strip out all the things that made the original game so fantastic.

Best examples are Command and Conquer and Battlefield 1942, these games were amazing, but after EA got a hold of them the things which made the games so amazing were gone.

Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam were great games, one of the most fun features was the co-op mode. EA got it, made Battlefield 2 and ripped out the co-op mode the one feature that made it absolutely amazing for lan gaming. They did improve the AI of the bots in single player, but they took out co-op. You can actually have a lan game with bots by getting one person to start up a single player then getting other people to connect to them, but its a dirty hack which could be closed by a patch at any time.

BTW most of the network code which EA produces is pretty buggy so I am not overly surprised that you are having troubles downloading the add-on pack. But the once they have your money why should they care about your ability to actually retrieve anything from their servers.

5. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

I'v always liked there games, but always hated the system they work with. I have always had many friggin problems, spend half the time fixing instead of playing.

6. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I tend to agree with Bman. I love the NFS series and MVP Baseball. However, they don't give the user enough control over certain things.

Then again, I don't play many games.

7. VenomXt

exactly. i spent more time getting **** to work last night than i did playing.

EA networking code is horrible. LOL Everytime i logon to there godforsaken servers it f's my router up and drops just for a second.

8. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

It's not just a problem with their PC games either. I've played their FIFA games on LIVE and it's quite lagtastic compared to other LIVE games.

9. VenomXt

crashed out AGAIN