Dvd Shrink Help Im confused

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Gowcra, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Gowcra

Gowcra iPod man!

Okay, Im quite familar with Dvdshrink AND dvd decryptor, but my question is this

What is a subpicture and what is ac3 2chan english

I have looked and done the guides but I dont know what to uncheck I DO have 5.1 surround sound.

Should I always uncheck subpictures AND ac3 2channel or not? Thanks OSNN MEMBERS!

2. suicide_pact

suicide_pact ---pro a.v. geek

I think AC3 2chan english is the stereo (2ch) audio for the movie, could be wrong tho'.

3. Gowcra

Gowcra iPod man!

anyone else? I need to know cus I got some movies waitin 2 be burned for something

4. suicide_pact

suicide_pact ---pro a.v. geek

If you've got room for on the disk, I'd say burn it. Just a guess, but sub-picture might be secondary menu pics.

5. Gowcra

Gowcra iPod man!

yeah room is no problem alo is was a 7.46gb disk it gets it down to around 4.00gb or maybe a little bigger but room isnt a problem (at least i hope not)

6. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Sometimes the 2-channel audio is director's commentary too. Either way, most DVD players that are not outputting 5.1 sound will downmix a 5.1 track to stereo.

7. Gowcra

Gowcra iPod man!

So can someone please explain what i should and should not remove thanks.

8. Gowcra

Gowcra iPod man!

Please anyone. I'm desperate here! I'm asking for a full but easy to understand detailed report Thanks!

9. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Well there isnt a big deal about removing it. Why do u need to worry about it so much if space isnt an issue? I use dvd shrink and my dvds play fine when selected.

10. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

ac3 is just a compression standard, similar to mp3, except that it can handle multiple channels.

11. toretto

toretto Mentally Absent

What is a subpicture and what is ac3 2chan english?

Subpicture means subtitles, aka all the audio converted to text on the bottom of the screen for the hearing impaired.

AC3 2chan english... means 2 channel stereo audio, i always just pic either 5.1 digital or dts. english of course.

When i am using dvd shrink i just uncheck everything except the best audio and the movie itself. dont need anything else.