DVD playing Problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by pj56, Mar 14, 2002.

1. pj56

pj56 Guest

I have a problem with playing DVD on my computer.

If i start playing a DVD, the picture freezes after app. 4-5 min, but I can hear the sound of the movie playing on. I´v tried it with mediaplayer or PCFreindly player.

I have to shut the player down and start all over again. I can choose another chapter but after 4-6 min the picture freezes again but the sound goes on.

I´v tried several different movies but the problem is the same.

I have XP professional on:

AMD 2000+
    256 SD RAM
    60 GB Hard
    Nvidia 64ram with TV/out
    LG DVD

Plaes help.

(Sorry for my bad english)

2. mafia-man

mafia-man Guest

DVD probs

Ok first off make sure that u have a 3rd party softwear or hardwear player installed i.e. powerDVD or hollywood+ card.

next makesure that the versions u are using are not time limited demo's.

if that fails uninstall the DVD app/s making sure to clear out any registry keys and/or folders and files left over from uninstall if u can, Then install the app again.

Check the read ahead settings and set them as low as possible for the offending drive.

Try a lense cleaning disk on the drive run it a couple of times and try again.

other than this it is either a faulty drive (hope its under waranty) or the drive cable is damaged.

hope this helps u out. It may also be worth noting to try reinstalling windows (u should do this once every couple of months to keep everything fresh any way)