DV cam - editting suite?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mainframeguy, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

Hi folks - thought I'd take a different tack and try more techie board for some input...

Just went mad and bought my self a Sony PC120 Mini DV camera - and so with my firwire and my large HD I am considering undertaking some editting on my pooter.

I have MovieMaker 2.0 - that is OK so far as it goes, but anyone out there know if there's something better that enables DVD burning and runs on XP? I've heard quite good things about Pinaccle, but am trying to make a balanced decision before I commit.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Have alook through this list. You should find something to use.

3. lieb39

lieb39 Apple lover, PC User

I use adobe premier. It's a very steep learning curve but once you learn it its amazing, very powerful.

-lieb39

4. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

I got a cheapie for now...

thought I should let you guys know I am about to install Roxio's WinOnCD Version 6.... it cost me less than £50 which compares very favourably with something like Adobe. I reasoned that if I outgrow this softwares capabilities then I'll spend extra and be a bit more informed about my requirements.

Now I just have to wait for the 80GB Hard drive to arrive and I may actually do some editting! If anyone's interested in a review/comments on the Roxio let me know and I'll post something up

5. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today