Dual Monitors....?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Tetherton, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Tetherton

Tetherton Guest

Got a question about using dual monitors. I have a Sony VAIO notebook with a ATI 7500 w/ dual moitor capabilities. I have my 17" Home monitor hooked up to the second output on the notebook. It works but not the way I thought it would. I was under the impression that I could drag a folder from one monitor to another. For example work on one document on the Sony while looking at another on the other. Wrong..?? I looked under the adapter properties but didn't see anything other than to set the 'Identify Monitor' option. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks all....:) Travis

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I am not sure I follow what you are saying...

if you have both monitors hooked up to your dual monitor card as I presume you have you should be able to use ATi's hydravision proggy...

you will basically click in display options on the second mnitor that shows up and click the option to EXTEND desktop...

once you do this you will be able to drag windows from one monitor to the other... and you will have the option to identify monitors as well.. I do :)

if you don't want to drag it you can just right click on the taskbar tab and click on display on monitor 1/monitor 2 option to move it to monitor you desire :)

3. Tetherton

Tetherton Guest

You Rock !!!

Thanks man....Didn't catch that little 'Extend Desktop' button.... This is pretty cool....:D Again THXXXX

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

np...

as for the screensaver and what not... I don't use em personally... my monitors 'sleep' after a period of inactivity therefore I don't have to worry about screensavers... waste of memory they are lol...

but normally things appear on primary monitor... secondary is basically extended desktop... is all :)