Dual Monitor Problem with Games... plz help

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
Goodevening Everyone

I have 2 monitors on my computer, each connected up with seperate Graphic Cards. Anyways, when i play games, i notice that the secondary monitor moves to the right about half way through the screen inwhich all the stuff thats on the screen/desktop is only half visable. During this time, the wallpaper on the main monitor is taking its place. Like the main screen has pushed itself over to the other monitor abit. Is there anyway to stop this? I have Ultramon and that doesnt help with this problem so is there any other ideas?
Thank you for your time and Help

Sincerly Alex

P.S

Main Graphic Card = Geforce 2 MX 400 64mb
Secondary Graphic Card = Matrox Mystique PCI 2mb

How are they configured? clone, span, dual view?

whenever i play games i disable my second monitor (which is a actually a tv on my geforce 4 mx440) but when i'm playing games the video card doesn't need to be wasting valuable cycles redrawing a screen i'm not looking at... and in your case the secondary is using resources that could improve your game performance if you disable it...

as for the problem... i think it's probably related to teh resolution settings on your primary monitor, and the resolution the game is set to run at... i've occasionally had similar problems where the monitor still appears to be set at say 1600x1200 but the game runs in the top left corner at 1024x768, and doesn't fill the screen... sounds like yours is going opposite though...

ok thank.. i think ill do that, although, i havent noticed in any performance differences.. but anyways, thank you. Ill disable the secondary card when im on games to be on the safe side :cool:

Thanx once again

have u tried the nvidia nview properties, just click the box automatcally detect monitors an auto configure, that may work.
then enable the nview manager on the desktop.

cya

ste

Cheers ste but the screens aint commin off the same card.. the nview cant properly detect the matrox.. therefore i cant really configure it over nview.. i can still use the other screen and everythin.. its already been configured anyways ste

Its just the game problems.. but im not to fused about it now when i think about it.. can be easily disabled :p

I just thought there might be a patch or something to prevent this but nevermind :D

Geforce FX can resolve this problem thinkin about it :cool:

Cheers anyways Ste.. and thanx everyone else

P.S... LOL @ using Nview on 2 Cards :p

no prob worth a shot,

o i dont spose u cud help me with my prob cud ya al? or anyone else 4 that matter?

pls help

thanx

ste

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back