driver less than equal

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Resonance, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Resonance

Resonance Guest

I am getting this error over and over again, since I installed my Audigy.

This is what MS says:
    Error Message: STOP 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Q293077)

The information in this article applies to:

Microsoft Windows 2000 , Datacenter Server
    Microsoft Windows 2000 , Advanced Server
    Microsoft Windows 2000 , Server
    Microsoft Windows 2000 , Professional

You may receive the following error message on a blue screen:

STOP 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0)
    1 - memory that is referenced
    2 - IRQL
    3 - value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
    4 - address that referenced memory

This issue can occur when the Driver Verifier feature is enabled and a driver has used an improper address. Note that the driver that is causing this issue may be listed in the error message.

To resolve this issue:

Disable all third-party filter drivers, such as backup programs, virus scanning programs and disk utilities.

Ensure you are using hardware that appears on the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List.

So in the cause, I see this "driver verifier feature". I have here by decided " I don't want the damn driver verifier" feature. so how do I disable it?

2. westy1

westy1 Guest

Uninstal everything, and try it in another PCI slot. You have a conflict in the slot its in now.
  3. Resonance

Resonance Guest

Thanks, but I have been through that. The newest piece of equipment that I have is my audigy platnuim. It has been in every pci slot, I disabled acpi, reenabled it. Have absoultly no idead had to force an irq.... And that error keeps poping up and shutting my machine down.
  4. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

Go to your system properties and click on the hardware tab then click on driver signing. Theres 3 options and i belive the top one disables it
  5. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran