driver IRQ error HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by fedele, Sep 29, 2002.

1. fedele

fedele Guest

After SP1 , my system reboots all of the sudden. I disable the auto reboot function from msconfig and this is what I get

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP:0X000000D1 (0X000000578,0X00000002,0X00000001,0XF2C5EC1C
    TCPIP.SYS-ADRESS F2C5EC1C
    BASE AT F2C52000,DATESTAMP 3D6DE222

any ideas?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Have a look over at google for 'windows xp STOP:0X000000D1'. Could be a driver problem.

3. fedele

fedele Guest

ok, I did that and it says something about an error for win2k, it is posted on :

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q260956

When a TCP/IP network connection is programmatically disassociated or removed when a receive operation is in progress, your computer may stop responding (hang) and display the following error message on a blue screen:

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xFF8BA000,0x00000002,0x00000001,0xF3AAA40E)
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I did notice that my connections are not in the connections folder...??? I think that's the problem....something in SP1 messed tem up...any more ideas?

4. fedele

fedele Guest

"When a TCP/IP network connection is programmatically disassociated or removed when a receive operation is in progress, your computer may stop responding (hang)"

Anyone has an idea of what this might be? how come the tcp/ip connections is removed???

5. same prob

i had the same problem until i installed sp1.... Not much help I know, but i wanted to post something man.

6. fedele

fedele Guest

Re: same prob

nice post man!!.....but this is of no help....any ideas

7. fedele

fedele Guest

another thing, trying to figure out a solution I entered the BIOS and I noticed that the bios does not recognize the cd and cd-r drivers...all the BIOS shows is primary master ands no secondary master or slaves...???? why is that?...now it does recognize it from the welocome screen that you get when you boot and the drives are listed in my computer....this is weird.....