Drive Image Update

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Xie, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Ok so I installed Drive Image and rebooted ... then I check for patches like I do w/ everything and found one to update it from 7.0x to 7.0.3 and it seemed to go ok. Only now when I go help -> about it still says 7.0 instead of 7.0.3 or something so now I'm wondering if it really updated or what. :p Anyhoo if any of you got this program maybe you can see what yours says ...

ps - including a pic of my about screen.

-Edit- here is patch I used here

Attached Files:

2. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Is there an update for drive image 7 pro for XP 2k and XP?.

3. Xie

The only choice your given is 7.0x so I guess its same update for both? Also file name includes pro in the name "vpro203_personalupdate_esd.zip".

4. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

I do believe it is the same....

I have a vague memory of doing just the same as you - then for some reason I really cannot remember I had to check with their tech helpline on something and it turns out they are one and the same - probably confusion crept in with the Powerquest/Symantec buyout. That's my guess anyway.

5. Xie

My confusion stems from the version number not changing anyplace I can see so I'm not sure the update even updated anything. :(

6. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Well a few moons ago they released a first update which was an iso. I updated o.k.

Still says 7, but I think it has changed. Now with 2.0.3.4002.

7. Xie

Hmm.. mine says 2.0.3.402 but thats after trying patch thats from March 1, 2004 to update to 7.0.3 ...

/me is confused :confused:

8. Xie

Ok I just had a look at the "Backup Image Broswer" included w/ Drive Image and it has the following info in its about. So I guess the latest patch did take and they just don't update the version # in the program?

9. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

yeah - the 402 (4002?) is the thing, you got it - mind you with symantec thing it may be the last update we ever get?!

10. Xie

hopefully not ... so far i like it 100% better then ghost :)

11. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Obviously the extra zero was a slip, never tried ghost, just goback or drive image.

12. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Hmm...I'm still using DriveImage 2002 that I bought some time ago, but I'm thinking of moving over to Acronis TrueImage. It seems to have support for more filesystems (especially ReiserFS, which I use for my Slackware partition).