dress bad and face the consequences

Aprox said:
well said. I think people have the right to dress however they so choose. if I have to see their underwear.. then so be it. Its not that big of a deal.
yea i mean beside the underwear they put on are practically shorts, almost like a swimming suit so i dont see what's so bad about that, it's like telling muslim women in the states that they can't have their veils on, although they did that in france

The point is commom decency. What is acceptable and what is just plain foolish..

Im sure if I walk around town with a bra on my head people will just stare and walk away.. Soon all the guys are doing it.. Is this the message we want to convey? No matter what we do/wear it alright?

Example, I can have my fat felly hangin out with my jeans down to my knees showing my BVD's and this is ok for the yonger generation. But if I wear a white t-shirt, and tight jeans and have a Swastika on the back of my coat, this is wrong, Or if I wear a completely white overall with a tall pointed hat covering my face this is wrong.

There is a point where We as americans draw the line on apearal. I think this is one of the times to start drawing the line. Perhaps not a fine but make it discouraging to the yonger generation and set an example...

And who judges what is foolish and what is not? You? Me? We have decency laws, but those do not extend to the ridiculous. The people who do wear these styles that some may deem "indecent" are not exactly running around naked purposely harassing pedestrians because of their oh so indecent style. When was it against the law to wear a white t-shirt, tight jeans, and a swastika on your coat? hence making it wrong? When was the KKK violating anything by just existing? When they break the law, they are punished for it, but they are not punished because other people don't approve. This is a prime example of the many forcing their opinion on the few. The United States government has gone through that phase, and clearly we have learned from it ... I hope.

Personally, I'm waiting for the day where gps track you throughnano-robots found in candy. Where we are all expected to wear suits andties and slowly zombie like walk through a long path where weblindingly walk into a meat grinder while hammers march around :D

:slept most of the day:

buzzstpoint said:
Example, I can have my fat felly hangin out with my jeans down to my knees showing my BVD's and this is ok for the yonger generation. But if I wear a white t-shirt, and tight jeans and have a Swastika on the back of my coat, this is wrong, Or if I wear a completely white overall with a tall pointed hat covering my face this is wrong.
You can't put that in the same category as wearing underwear that is showing :rolleyes:

The point is not that is illegal or not.. the point is what is acceptble for public showing.

Here is an example for public showing..

Last summer there was an Anti-Abortion group entered our town. They stood on all 4 corners of the busiest intersections and pushed flyers in peoples windows and put them under your windshield wiper as you were sitting at the red light.. To me that was unacceptable. Dont push it on me If i didnt ask for.. The next thing that bugged a lot of people were the posters. They have 5 foot by 3 foot posters of unborn fetus's. Now how do I as a parent tell my 5 and 9 year old what that was. I feel they do not need to know about that at that age in my family.

IMO That was acceptable for them to stand there yell and protest but unacceptable to push the flyers under my wiper and in my windows. And allow these types of pictures for people to see. Expecially my children.

Where do you draw the line at what should be acceptable for public view? There is is/were unspoken rules that many have followed for many years on dress code.

remember about 10 years ago "Big Johnson" T-Shirts. Those came out and were banned from our schools and public use.. Why? Mini skirts couldn't be 2 inches higher than the knee. And skin tight shirts and pant couldn't be worn in our schools.

Some how this is fine with everyone to be able to put these rules in effect at schools but not for public use..

And as for some saying I just turn away and not look, Doesn't bother me.. Well it's kinda like a train wreck.. You dont want to look but you almost have to.

Boils down to Common Courtesy.

Personally, i find it sickening to see anyone's underwear unless it my own, or in the future my girlfriends.

I am rather disgusted by all the girls who wear low jeans so that when they sit down you can see their thong/g-string/asscrack. Hell, some of them even wear the øøøø which is bright orange. TO DRAW ATTENTION ON PURPOSE.

Personally i am more attracted to a girl who is not showing everything off. One that dresses neatly. There is just more respect you have to give them because of the way they dress. If a girl has some jeans, and a sweatshirt on, you can't see no skin, but i have a lot more respect for that girl than the girl wearing a lowcut belly showing, piece of cloth, with extreme amounts of cleavage showing, with a mini jean skirt which is so small it looks like a wide belt, which shows off everything.

Call me stupid, but that is what i believe, and or act upon. I'd rather go out with a girl who at least has a sense of self consciousness, than someone i percieve as a little ho.

X-Istence said:
Personally, i find it sickening to see anyone's underwear unless it my own, or in the future my girlfriends.

I am rather disgusted by all the girls who wear low jeans so that when they sit down you can see their thong/g-string/asscrack. Hell, some of them even wear the øøøø which is bright orange. TO DRAW ATTENTION ON PURPOSE.

Personally i am more attracted to a girl who is not showing everything off. One that dresses neatly. There is just more respect you have to give them because of the way they dress. If a girl has some jeans, and a sweatshirt on, you can't see no skin, but i have a lot more respect for that girl than the girl wearing a lowcut belly showing, piece of cloth, with extreme amounts of cleavage showing, with a mini jean skirt which is so small it looks like a wide belt, which shows off everything.

Call me stupid, but that is what i believe, and or act upon. I'd rather go out with a girl who at least has a sense of self consciousness, than someone i percieve as a little ho.

:up: Well said

[rant]
Oh my God...its finally happened! I can't believe they actually did that, I'm so glad. I hate those kids/guys that wear their pants like that, where their waist is like thigh level instead of where it should actually be. Its more annoying than anything else, when it comes to guys....when it comes to girls...c'mon, have a *little* class.
[/rant]

I totally agree with you X-Istence...I was really shocked when I saw so many girls dressing that way when I started living here in Montreal. The girls in my college are actually worse than that sometimes...Mini skirt, white tanktop and no bra? Yeah, happens all the time...the worst part? They do it in the øøøøing middle of January, in the middle of Canadian winter, with -31 celsius outside ¬_¬

X-istence has a point ... a very valid point ... but what differs from what he wrote and what others have ... is he makes it known that it is his own personal opinion. Hell, I wouldn't date a fat slob with her belly hanging out for the world to see. I don't like it ... but that does NOT give me or the government the right to forbid it. Debate all you want about what you think may be acceptable, but that has nothing to do with putting it into law. If the point is not about "it" being illegal or not, lets get back to what the topic started out as ... putting into writing what is and what isn't acceptable. Like it or not, but NOT everyone has to follow common unspoken dress codes. One day our country might decide that we want to emulate nazi Germany and force everyone to follow strict rules of conformity ... but that day has not come. I agree with many of you ... I find their style lacking in taste ... but we must realize that our personal opinions are not a basis for any law ... which is what this topic has started out as.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back