Dreamweaver 2004 MX templates question

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by Shade2074, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Shade2074

Shade2074 OSNN Addict

Hello, I'm working on a web site that has a lot of information that is grouped in similar ways. I decided that making a template would be the best idea and for the most part it is working great! I ran into one problem though, so I though I would ask for help here.

Here's my problem. In my template, I've created a repeatable table which works fine, but I don't know how to make the cell background colors within the table editable later on when I actually use the template. When I do use the template, the colors of the rows are going to be a little bit random depending on the info the cell contains and I need to be able to make them editable - can anyone tell me how I can make this possible using Dreamweaver 2004 MX?

Thank you in advance for any help.

2. a1ehouse

a1ehouse Chamone M*tha Fu*ka

Simple - don't use tables for site design/layout! Use CSS, you won't look back. ;-)

3. Shade2074

Shade2074 OSNN Addict

But will CSS take into acount the random nature of the information? I admit I have not used CSS before so my knowledge on it is very little. I will research it now though. :)

As to my problem above I found what I was looking for. It was under the modify tab. Now I'm able to modify Atribute.

4. Shade2074

Shade2074 OSNN Addict

I stand corrected I didn't find the solution. :( While I am able to change the color of ALL the rows I can't change the color of an individule row using this method. Can anyone think of a way I can get this to work?

5. ignipotentis

ignipotentis OSNN Addict

What he said!