Downloaded new Ati driver yuk!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ikester7579, Jun 11, 2002.

1. ikester7579

ikester7579 Guest

I downloaded the driver that ended in 93 yesterday. It's a beta. My computer refused to work. No picture and would not load. Had to restore to fix it. Did anyone else try it? I have a 8500 ATI card. The first time after install my computer loaded but screen was shimering around the edges. So I knew something was wrong. So I decided that maybe set the resolution to where I usually have it would maybe fix it. Wrong! thats when it stopped working. I installed it again samething happened. So just a warning! Wait until the aproved version comes out.

Amd 1.4 gig Athalon
    266 fsb sdram
    768 megs of ram
    aazza mobo with via chips
    ati 8500 128 meg ddr
    20 gig hd and a 10 gig hd

2. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Are you sure it's not the AMD chip?:D :D :D :rolleyes:

3. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

hey, it's a beta, and a risk you take.. I've had lots of luck with 6052 and 6071.. I didn't want to try the beta drivers until I heard from others.. ATI has released 6094 Catalyst drivers which I will load up tonight..

4. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

if i'll hear again about ATI drivers , i'll .............................. soon :D

5. madman

madman Guest

ATI

sorry to say this guys but the new drivers from ATI that i got today are great they kick butt??!!!

love ATI there the best!! you just need to know how to tweak them!!!!

6. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

yea ? help us a little .. :p

7. madman

madman Guest

ATI

yup sure have

10 boards 10 system crashes!! hate them....

i will never put another one into a system i build for a customer!!!!

to many problems...
    arrgg

8. madman

madman Guest

ATi

HMM perhaps..

but i doubt it... been doing this way too long to make vid. card mistakes... the only cards that i have found to be able to pass our stress tests have been the ATI, for cross platform perf. and gaming... they are a far better board than anything out there... have been putting there new drivers through tests for the past hour... also overclocking the three boards i have here by 200 % no probs. yet... there a little hot but that can be taken care of!!

9. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

My ATI driver is performing top-notch. I'm even thinking about liquid cooling my monitor's screen it's so screaming fast!:D

10. madman

madman Guest

ATI

nice to see another ATI fan!!

there great.....

arrgg these guys not configing there stuff right i guess??!!

11. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

i really don't hate ATI cards but their drivers are in some part as not performant as NVIDIA has , there is much more place for improving them .. my opinion ..

12. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

How many driver updates does nvidia have out?

13. ikester7579

ikester7579 Guest

I think it's 50 -100. LOL lost count. I do admit that drivers ATI has can be better. But thats the fun of it. When the better one comes out. Bye Bye Geforce! By the way, I got my ATI to do over 15,000 points on 3d mark 2001 se. But the card got so hot afraid it was gonna catch fire lol. So I know it will kick butt just wait. HEHE