Download Manager

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by luish, Feb 2, 2002.

1. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

What do you think that is the best download manager?

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Getright and FlashGet are my tools for resumable downloads.

3. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

I did this questions a while ago and i found from the response that Download Accelerator was the best, partly becuase of its features, inc always resume and explorer bar, but mainly because its the only one i tried which doesn't have spy ware (it has ads but are easily disabled)

i tried FlashGet, GoZilla and others

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Getright does have spyware, but it does ask you if you want to install when you install Getright, so if you install carefull...you should be fine!
    Same goes with Audiogalaxy, tho I find I have to manually remove onflow installer.

5. tomsxp1

tomsxp1 Guest

Electronic Punk, I have Get Right on my 98SE and I know (like you said) It is spyware and that they acknowledge this to you at sign up but can you please tell me what you mean by >> so if you install carefull...you should be fine! I just want to make sure i did not do something wrong at setup, thats all (not trying to be smart), I like to make sure on things to avoid mistakes, OK, Thanks TOM

6. Hilander

Hilander Guest

This one just came out from Fresh Devices called Fresh Download
    They tell you up front no spyware, no ads, mulitple connections, resumes, AV support etc.
    And it's free
    Haven't set it all up yet, but on the few downloads I've used it on, it seemed to work pretty darn good.

7. tomsxp1

tomsxp1 Guest

Highlander, Thank you for the tip, i checked it out and it looks better than Get Right, I will change myself, Tom

8. tomsxp1

tomsxp1 Guest

Purposely smelt your name wrong just to see if you noticed LOL!

9. Virtual

Virtual Guest