Double Check on this

Discussion in 'Windows Applications' started by zapoqx, Feb 26, 2011.

1. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

I want to make sure that this is all-right to do before doing it with results unexpected.
    My new system is in and I want to make sure that I transfer my hard drives. The thing is since I mentioned the issues I had before with those permissions from remnant data stuff, I want to make sure that if I transfer all the non-main drives to the new system that it won't have any permission issues. 2 out of the 3 drives formatted under Windows 7 with the tools directly from their manufactures websites. The new system is using Windows 7.

Am I alright?

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

you're fine - you will have permission issues though. Windows 7 however generally just gets on and works anyway.

3. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

What kind of permission issues?

4. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Just getting usernames show up as a random string of letters and numbers rather than an actual username is all I've ever encountered in the past. Nothing that'll stop you using your files though or that a simple "Take Ownership" won't fix.

5. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

Oh ya, that. I didn't really have that surprisingly. I did however have the weird issues of any folders I had "shared" on my network did want me to give myself permission to access.
    Thanks!
    Now... I need to get less lazy and update that rather basic sig of my system.