Doom3 Performance Boost

I saw this over on the planetdoom forums, tried it, and it didn't do ****. Exactly the same timedemo score, I didn't try it in singleplayer, some have reported that it takes away the pauses when you open doors and stuff, but that hardly ever happens to me, and when it does, hell, it's no major.

Also a couple of you above were talking about 65.xx series drivers, where the hell do you get them from? I've checked all the usual places, and the newest I can find are the 62.20's. Which leads me to my next question, are the 62.20's faster than the 61.77's? The 61.76's were slightly faster than the 62.11's for me.

ya the preload is faster. I found this one just then,

seta image_filter "GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_NEAREST"

by changing it to that from the trilenear one, it seems to go faster but at the trade of quality. I dont know bout benchmark but this worked in counterstrike. Guys, any idea if it works?

done all the performance tricks and nothing has boosted my performance much...

see below for what I'm running

hehe using the .rar performance tweaker file i can play it on my laptop with minimal problems. before it ran so choppy that was unplayable. stupid 4200rpm hard drive....

....Emachine M6805 laptop...radeon 9600, AMD 64 3000+ cpu, 512 MB RAM, etc...

Tuffgong4 said:
done all the performance tricks and nothing has boosted my performance much...

see below for what I'm running

The RAR trick has mixed results. The trick I posted only applies to ATI cards, and you are running an nVidia.

Teddy said:
No it doesnt...it's 1.5gb.
:D we must not all be using the same 'versions'

Maybe during the installation it detects amount of VRAM and only installs texture maps based on that value? Don't know if the quiality settings actually use lower resolution maps, anyone know?

3.91gb on my system, original paks deleted, nocd, ducttape mod

chaos945 said:
More Tweaks

/note
The game takes up just shy of 4gb uncompressed.

With this tweak it mentions to put the the uncompressed pak files in the same directory. Does this mean create folders in the base folder with the same pak names and put the and put the uncompressed files in them?

Hi Doom,

Just extract them into the /base directory directly. You don't need to create subfolders. Once extracted, delete the compressed files.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back