Doom III In-game Footage

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Anyone watched this yet?
I can't believe how good it looks.. the game looks liekl the cinematics from Diablo2 !!!

Awesome stuff.

Nice EP. It's not for me but I know others who will love it :)

Anyone know the requirements for Doom3? And the recommended specs?

I was just watching CNN, they were at the game convention in LA. They gave Doom III 2 thumbs up but said it's not going to be released until next year.

Here's an article from SpyGame.com Doom III

I have heard that it was rinning on a 2.2 with the new Ati card, ,but also heard that they are hoping that the geforce2 will suffice!

Ok, I have had a few people asking about the quality of the original MOV, so I took a screenshot ;)

yep doom3 at e3 was running on ati's upcoming r300.

John Carmack said

Doom III is very much hardware driven, and one of the controversies of this year’s E3 was that the game was demonstrated on the latest ATI graphics card rather than a card from NVidia.
“NVidia has been stellar in terms of driver quality and support and doing all of the things right,” says Carmack, who has been an outspoken evangelist for NVidia’s GeForce technology. “For the past few years, they have been able to consistently outplay ATI on every front. The problem is that they are about one-half step out of synch with the hardware generation because they did Xbox instead of focusing everything on their next board. So they are a little bit behind ATI.”
“I told everyone that I was going to demonstrate Doom III on the best hardware, and there has been no collusion or kickbacks or anything like that going on. Our objective is the technical merit.”
“The new ATI card was clearly superior. I don’t want to ding NVidia for anything because NVidia has done everything they possibly could; but in every test we ran, ATI was faster.”

To end the debate of what John Carmack was comparing the R300 to Chalnoth over at nV News sent out an email asking him and got this response:

It [The ATI card used] was compared against a very high speed GF4. It shouldn't be surprising that a next-generation card is faster than a current generation card. What will be very interesting is comparing the next gen cards (and the supporting drivers) from both vendors head to head when they are both in production.
Everyone working on DOOM still uses GF4-Ti cards at the moment, and if someone needs to buy a new video card today, that is what I tell them to get.

John Carmack

from www.rage3d.com

I was watching TechTV the other day and they where talking about DOOM III. They said that the Geforce3 could only handle 1/2 of the min requirements for the game !!!!!

Your going to need a killer card to play this game !!!!

:p

Word is, the mimimum will be a GeForce2...

... I got an email from iD software and the movie has now been removed, I have also deleted my copy as a sign of respect...

If I only had the dough !!

Gonna need to bump up both my rig AND my card for that one!!

Definitly the R300 from Radeon!! And Gonna stick with the Celeron (P4) line and Intel's DDR mobo....

Hey, what can I say.....my ex got all my money, so she get's the cash and I get my cheap ass kicker system.....

:D

Carmack, when taliking about the GF4MX said that it would use the GF2MX rendering path (Because of the lack of pixel and vertex shaders).

So, there *is* a GF2MX rendering path, implying that at least is the minumum. Generally though, the GF3 has been considered the minimum for playability (30fps).

I'd guess it would work on a GF2MX, in a similar way to Q3A 'working' on an ATI Rage Pro.

Oh, and the E3 stuff was MEDIUM quality :) !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back