Doh.

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Kr0m, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

A Canadian man is being charged for writing so called death threats to GWB on newsgroups...

"He's alleged to have posted threatening messages on several newsgroups.

"They were text messages directed to the newsgroup indicating death to the president of the United States and destruction of that nation's Babylon. There were several different wordings that were used,""

http://novascotia.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=ns_andrewbush20040910

Apparently he's done the same when Clinton was in power but wasn't charged or something.

2. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Heh...rather ****ty. What happened to freedom of speech?

3. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

I guess they're a bit sensitive when it comes to those sort of threats. I haven't seen the actual posts he made but regardless, I guess people shouldn't type that sort of stuff out or they'll have the coppers knocking on their door. You'd think we were living in China or something. GG terrorists, you win.

4. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

The 1st amendment doesn't cover death threats :rolleyes:

5. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Just because I say something doesn't mean I should get in trouble with the law for it. The threats were words nothing else. You really think someone posting threats on the Internet was a threat to the President of the United States? I honestly don't think he had any chance at all.

6. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

Of course I don't think it was a serious threat, but you have to draw the line somewhere.