Does Bestbuy Still Price-Match?

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Vanquished, May 28, 2006.

1. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

2. technokid88

technokid88 Part of a System Folding Team

I think you got that backwards, wasn't it circuitcity that used to price match??

3. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

Nah,
    When bestbuy first came out, it was its big claim to fame, that it would price match.

4. technokid88

technokid88 Part of a System Folding Team

I guess you are right just read this online...

After being a dedicated "online" only purchaser, i decided to try the B&M experience for the first time. BIG MISTAKE!!!
    Went to my local best buy to pick up meet the parents.While i was there i decided too finally pick up the sopranos first season. The price for the sopranos was $79.99. I remembered seeing at BJ's, which is right next door for $64.99. So i get up to the register's, which buy the way had one cashier with about ten people waiting in line, and i asked the cashier if they would match BJ's price. She looked at me as if i were satan himself, paused and then told me she would call a manager. So i wait there for about ten minutes for a manager to show up. So i tell this manager about BJ's price of $64.99. She tells me we dont price-match BJ's because they are a wholesale club which charges a yearly fee to shop there. So , my response to her was, so you are gonna lose a $65 sale because i am a member of BJ's? She responded by saying we price match with circuit city only. So, i thanked her for her time, walked out the door, went next door and picked it up for $64.99. And also picked up meet the parents for $14.99!!!

But hey but your cheap price if because of mail in rebate, so might not work

5. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User