Does anyone here make DVD's?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mainframeguy, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

** Mods - feel free to move to apps if appropriate **

I was just wondering if anyone had captured DV files - as you can these days, and I am thinking specifically of .AVI format and successfully burnt a DVD that they could play in a domestic player. I do not mean Mini-DV or the other cormats that can be burnt to CD discs for a "tolerant" or "enabled" player - I mean to a regular DVD disc for a "regular" player.

I know there are other forums for this also like here andhere but they tend to get caught up in copying/cloning and technical camera issues. I am just getting very frustrated with simple "home video" tasks and kinda trust this forum.

As backgreound you should maybe know I can use PowerDirector to capture to .AVI no problems and have (of course) the EZProducer that comes with it -0 but will not burn for me OK. For burning I hoped to Use WinOnCD 6 (DVD Edition), but no joy so far..... which has led me to try on anothers recommendation Neros 6 (again no joy).... About to try the Ulead offering as I type, but thought I would post here to see what I might get.

For anything - I thank you. For nothing - I thank you also (because you read what I typed!) :p

2. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

YOu will lhave to convert the .avi to mpeg2 (the format of DVD)

3. Mainframeguy

and...

OK that much I know - and then? I'm having media troubles I think but even hit an error where PowerDVD won't play with my last burn! (Will post when I fix that one). Anyone here burnt OK to a R/W media? That is my aim as first step....

4. dreamliner77

The mpeg2 will have to be "dvd compatible". You will have to look up the specs, i don't have them offhand.

5. Mainframeguy

ok thanks -

I'll do that after I've dealt with this from my player "Error Code: "89030000" - " 80004005" unknown file format.
    Please visit Adpatec company to download ASPI driver - ASPI 4.71 for Win2K, XP, Me, XP - <DOWNLOAD>
    or For ASPI 4.71 Windows 98, NT 4, Me, 2000 and XP - <DOWNLOAD>

Please install the relevant patch for your version too - FREE Patches here ..."
    :eek: :mad: :eek:

6. dreamliner77

Try downloading ASPI 4.60 from Adaptec's site (it is less buggy than 4.7x)