DoD 3.0 Help

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by NeedHelper, Jul 30, 2002.

1. NeedHelper

NeedHelper Guest

Hey Guys, i think its dod 3.0 , or whatever, the latest dod. either way, when i play, my comp freezes like every 5 min of play. and its getting REALLY annoying. 1st i thoughti t was my ram and i upgraded it. but it keeps doing it. if anyone nkows what to do, please tell me.

AMD Athlon 1.2 ghz - cPU
    AOPEN AK 74 Pro(A) - Motherboard
    NVidia GeForce2 MX 400 (32 mb) - Video Card (Latest Driver)
    512 MB Ram - All Diff Comps

i think thats all that really affects it. I have the latest drivers for all the cards. the only extra card i have is SoundBlaster Live! XGamer and a Ethernet Card.
  2. FoSsiL

FoSsiL Guest

i think its over heating and you should remove your case for ventilation. i had that problem when playing games, it force my computer to reboot. after i remove that case my computer is run smooth without problem.
  3. DrMetallica

DrMetallica OSNN Senior Addict

fossil that sounds similar to something that happaned to me before i reformated my computer. mine would auto-reboot when i was choosing a different server. i might have set a compatibility mode for half-life, but half life works fine (for me) on XP now. i doubt mine was a heating problem.

i never had my comp re-boot while in gameplay though, thats a first.

i suggest taking off the compatibility mode, getting cheating death, and latest drivers for me crummy video card. after all, dats what worked for me.