Do you have warez?

Petros

Thief IV
Be honest with me here...

Maybe I live in my own little skewed world, but does anyone run a 100% piracy-free hard drive? No music/movies that you don't own, no "borrowed" CD of Office XP. Nothing. Every piece of software and on that computer does not violate laws or licenses of any kind.

LOL! I like your poll choices :D
Is this supposed to be an anonymous poll, by the way?

Interesting. Maybe somebody else can start a thread asking who has committed a felony and hasnt been caught yet, as well ;)

I suppose nobody has to post. I'm just curious to know if there really are pure ones among us.

I went with 'mostly'. There is so much good freeware around I don't find much need for warez.........mostly. :D

I would never again pay for software. Bought Britannica 98 years ago, installed it then it says patches are needed. Great if you have internet access which at the time I didn't.

Bought dragon speak & type. On the box the requirements met my then machine. Get it home, open the box to find out that is not the recommended requirements.

That was it, never again. :mad:

Same as hipster one this one, I have mostly Freeware/open source applications installed here. I don't play games, I have no need for the very latest Office and/or expensive graphics packages. So I can quite happily format my computer, head over to sourceforge and be back to normal within an hour.
I will admit to having some lesser legitemate applications installed on here, but I can't justify (or afford tbh) the price of them.. an extremely pathetic excuse to be honest.
*dons eye patch and heads off 'pon the sea*

[no comment]

I have a custom built pc, costs me 700$ for everything, with software. You can make a guess where I stand on the poll.

-lieb39

Originally posted by lieb39
[no comment]

I have a custom built pc, costs me 700$ for everything, with software. You can make a guess where I stand on the poll.

-lieb39

I would imagine you stand in the center of a poll... since you would fall off if you were to close to the edge ... :D

I plead the 4th and drink the 5th on this one .. Since this is a warez free forum I don't want to incriminate myself .. I agree that it is rediculous to pay the prices they want for a prog these days ..

I'll let ya'll be the judge ... And SCREW THE RIAA !!

Im a atheist.

Anyways, 100% legal here since short. Got licenses for Adobe Photoshop and Win2k from a company i work for, dreamweaver MX is also legal. And that is it for properiety software.

Office: OpenOffice
FTP: FileZilla/SmartFTP
HTTP: FireBird

And yes i am 100% sure on my apps.

I have a lot of illegal games, but i dont have them installed, dont know if that counts or not.

Legal games i have installed:

Hitman 2: Silent assassin
Steam from Valve ( CS 1.6, HL, Oppossing Force )

Songs, well the ones i got either ripped from CD's, or i used Stream ripper to save streams from web radio's to my HD. Ripping form web streams is not illegal, but also not legal, its on that grey border in between, but i dont count it as illegal.

So you be the judge.

O yeah, RIAA can :eek: not post suck things please :eek:, as it aint illegal =), and i dont share em so ....

[edit]
Please... you know better. :cool:

*gonaads*

I am mostly legal - softwarewise I'd say 100% legal - now where did those songs come from??

Hell I'm a Scouser.........if I can get it for nothing ........... :D

pirates-logo.gif

And yea up the RIAA

lol nice pic JJB :cool:

i'm about 75% legit, all my progs are licensed, but some got licensed via websites ;)

I use to warez but most of the programs I got did'nt work or did'nt include certain parts so I started buying them. :D

Ok...I feel a little better. I'm on par with most people then. Voted #3 :p

Most people get confused as to what the definition of warez is actually. Warez is basically a way to test a prog with the fully functional features, then if you like the prog you go and buy it. It is pointless to buy a prog then find you don't like it, some places you buy them at will not let you return them after they have been opened, so this way makes it easier for the consumer..

I always agreed that if you like a prog you should buy it. Because using a pirated copy just harms the company who makes it. I agree that the prices these days are rediculous but in any regaurd it is the way it is. So if you do do warez and you like the prog you have buy it !! (unless it's roxio or symantec, then you can just tell them to kiss off)

and yes SCREW THE RIAA !! Man I hate those people ....

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back