DNS or AD error.....?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by fixitchris, Jun 5, 2007.

1. fixitchris

fixitchris OSNN Junior Addict

I am getting the following error on many workstations. It looks like the path is invalid to the ldap server (ldap/dc2.domain.com/domain.com@domain.com.). Where is this path pulled from?

should be: ldap/dc2.domain.com ???

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: LSASRV
    Event Category: SPNEGO (Negotiator)
    Event ID: 40961
    Date: 5/23/2007
    Time: 4:41:38 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: xpstation
    Description:
    The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server ldap/dc2.domain.com/domain.com@domain.com. No authentication protocol was available.

2. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I'm assuming this is an XP machine (since the computer name is listed as xpstation).

My first question is was this machine created from an image (ie: ghost or other such disk imaging utility)?

Have you tried removing the computer from the domain, resetting the computer account, and readding the computer to the domain?

3. fixitchris

fixitchris OSNN Junior Addict

No it is a regular install. This is happening on many xp workstations. There is a 1030 event as well. I have not re-added the workstations.

4. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Couple things to check:

Is your dns setup correctly? Both in the DHCP scope (assuming you are using DHCP) as well as on the domain controllers. DNS should point to Active Directory DNS

What OS are your domain controllers running? If your DC's are win2k, have you updated all DC's to SP4?

Are you using IPSec to secure traffic?

5. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team