Divx 5

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by V12Kid, Mar 6, 2002.

1. V12Kid

V12Kid Guest

Does anyone have the new codec without that dumb Playa thing you have to download? Im looking to upgrade but dont want the player that it comes with.

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

if you download the file, you can choose not to install the playa :)
  3. aleni

aleni Guest

i got a retail version of divx 5.0 , i must say this is damn good.. anyway, it comes up with divx player 2.0 alpha not playa../ and divx player runs avi files much much much better than windows media player.. lets say if u fast forward an avi file, the movie wont laggy, it is just not like how the wmp plays it
  4. LPDad

LPDad OSNN Addict

I, too, have the retail ver.

When I installed it I automatically got the 2.0 alpha.

I am with you, now I can dump the dumb playa thing.:D
  5. aleni

aleni Guest

btw, divx.com allows u to download the codec only without getting the playa (when it was version 4xx)
  6. Dhanjel

Dhanjel Guest

Re: I, too, have the retail ver.

I've read some information about 2.0 alpha on the swedish site, http://www.sweclockers.com

And that is that there are a serious memory leak in that program, use another one :)
  7. aleni

aleni Guest

divx player 2.0 takes sometimes to load at a first time... but still a good program since it is on its alpha stage
  8. AmarSingh

AmarSingh Guest

i have the same problem that i have with divx player 2 beta that i do with tha playa. When i forward a movie it the audio gets out of sync with the video. Dont have that problem with power divx though