Diskeeper 7 problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by westy1, Jan 20, 2002.

1. westy1

westy1 Guest

I have Diskeeper set up to run once a day, when it comes to the time I have set a box pops up saying that there is a problem with my disk and and Diskeeper cannot run, and to run chkdsk.
    So I run chkdsk /f then run Diskeeper manually everything ok.
    This has happened for the last 3 days. ANY IDEAS ?
  2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

I had that problem for a while myself... I don't know why, but it just cleared itself up. I forget what the disk error was, but it wasn't something really bad. Try giving it a few more days, or set Diskeeper to run more often... I have mine set at every 8 hours... it starts and gets done in about 30 seconds.
  3. Highwind7777

Highwind7777 Guest

I fink the problem u guys are talking about is inconsistent file systems? that happens sumtimes.....dunno y tho....
  4. benskyring

benskyring Guest

DK 7

I had the same problem after I re-installed XP once. I did a quick format instead the long version. The error I got was regarding clusters on the disk being marked as used, when they were actually empty. CHKDSK /f fixed it, then I got it again about 3 weeks later. I don't think there is anything you can do to stop it.
  5. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I had the same problem, but it only lasted a week or two. I have Diskeeper set to run every night and that never happens anymore, so it will probably stop doing that eventually.