disable connection automation

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by cpugeniusmv, Apr 25, 2003.

1. cpugeniusmv

cpugeniusmv Computer Genius

Here's what I'd like to do:

I would like to know if there is a way to automate the process of disabling a network connection. For instance, say I have two ethernet cards, one for LAN and one for Internet. If I wanted to disable the LAN at say 10:00, how would I go about doing that?

2. blinden

blinden OSNN Senior Addict

never really tried to do anything like this before, is it for security purposes?

some firewalls let you use scheduling, you might be able to set something up that involves running a software filewall that disables transfers between certain times.

3. go to control panel -> network connections and just disable and enable the device whenever you want.

edit: right click on the device you want to disable and disable it and when you want to enable it do the same but choose enable.

4. baser5nature

baser5nature OSNN Addict

look for AutoIt... it's been posted here before, it's a little prog that will record actions and repeat them...

If you're batch file savvy, you could figure out the commands and do it that way... you would just schedule the batch file to run whenever...

5. cpugeniusmv

yeah, i already knew how to do it manually, and i'm capable of making a batch file, but i don't know (if there is one) the command to do what i want.

i will try that autoit thing, and let you know how it turns out.

6. cpugeniusmv

autoit didn't work for me, any other suggestions?