Direct X Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by rushm001, Jun 10, 2003.

1. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

I have got directX 9a installed on my laptop, but recently for some unknown reason direct 3D has decided to stop working because, according to dxdiag my hardware "doesn't support it"?? Well it did up until recently.
    I have tried reinstalling my graphics card drivers without any luck. I haven't updated the drivers and still use the ones that came with my laptop as Sony recommend against using ones that haven't been certified by them.

The card is a Mobility Radeon 7500

I think it has something to do with directx being muffed but I can't reinstall it.

2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I'm about 90% sure I read a detailed thread about 9.0a here a month or two ago. Might try doing a search on the forums here. I'll take a look elsewhere for info when I get a chance.

3. Petros

Petros Thief IV

--Here is your driver--

It's from Dell. New as of March...I think the default one is from June of '02, which is probably what you're running at the moment. Who knows? Maybe it will help.

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

that should help :)

your video card itself is dx7.. but this will NOT affect it when it comes to running your OS with dx9...

5. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

I went onto the sony vaio website and downloaded the most up to date driver from there, still no joy.

Is there any way that direct x can be reinstalled?

6. Petros

Petros Thief IV