Digital Defense Test!!!!!!!!

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
http://techupdate.cnet.com/enterprise/0-20424045-724-20428906.html

Your score: 85

GOOD. You get a 'B.'
Your score means you have an above average awareness of cybersecurity. You've taken several of the most basic precautions. It also means, however, that your system, including the data and personal information that reside therein, remains vulnerable. What's more, your system could still become an accomplice to spreading a virus. Or it could be used by hackers or a cyberterrorist to attack other systems or to disrupt the Internet and the vital services connected to it. Review this test and its accompanying tutorials to determine what measures you still need to embrace. Remember, the safeguards suggested for users like you do not represent rocket science. Nor do they represent a budget-busting expenditure--especially when compared to the cost of identity theft, losing important files, helping to spread a virus, or otherwise becoming party to a similarly malicious act.

"could be better I guess but could have been worse take the test and post your scores"

after a 2nd run

Your score: 90

CONGRATULATIONS! You get an 'A.'
Go to the head of the class. Your score means you're security savvy. You've taken many, if not all, of the most basic precautions recommended for individual computer users. Give yourself a pat on the back. You're protecting the data--and personal information--that resides on your system. What's more, you're protecting others. It's unlikely that your system will become an accomplice to spreading a virus. Nor is it probable that it will be used by hackers or a cyberterrorist to attack other systems or to disrupt the Internet and the vital services connected to it. If you scored anything less than a perfect 100, you should review this test and its accompanying tutorials to determine some of the few remaining measures you can take to make your system even safer.

scored a b 88 points but thats because i dont have fileshareing set up and iam unable to give the answer to the question , if i did have that set up my answer would have got me an A score.

cool

Gonna read and see what the hell I need for 100 I cant see it there

I got 81 with a B like you.
Anyway looks like a rather paranoid test result.
I knew I would get a higher score by marking some other replies (did it again but knew it already) but these guys can't pretend we're all running military defense network systems...
sorry guys I'm sort of a certified expert user for windows systems and I can't stand people saying that I should turn off my computer if I stay too long away from it, I know I'm well protected and the computer is safe also under a permanet broadband connection and a public IP address.
Also I will not save attachments in other machines, unplug the computer from the network, call the police, evacuate the area before I open them.. a good and updated antivirus software is enough.
Finally I would get nuts if I ought to set up apllications access on a file-by-file basis.
Cyberterrorists? Are americans so ... paranoid about these matters?
Why be so alarmistic??
Don't know... anyway the guys who put together this test must be poorly experienced users... or thinks I am, like all of you who tries it.

if you say so

everyone has their point of veiw but there is no need to insult anyone be it americans or any other nationalty and what is a

"I'm sort of a certified expert user for windows systems"

is that like sort of kind of maybe could be but your not???

anyways I just thought it might be cool to see a few scores and what not the fact you think we are all less savey then you really dont mean anything to me.

Here's my score... first try too :D... but as if I do everything i put down for an answer... I just put the most logical thing to get a high score.

Your score: 100

Go to the head of the class. Your score means you're security savvy. You've taken many, if not all, of the most basic precautions recommended for individual computer users. Give yourself a pat on the back. You're protecting the data--and personal information--that resides on your system. What's more, you're protecting others. It's unlikely that your system will become an accomplice to spreading a virus. Nor is it probable that it will be used by hackers or a cyberterrorist to attack other systems or to disrupt the Internet and the vital services connected to it. If you scored anything less than a perfect 100, you should review this test and its accompanying tutorials to determine some of the few remaining measures you can take to make your system even safer.

well the test is a bit iffy if you ask me... who other than truly paranoid people follow that to the max?

its a little nutty...

kermit don't take it so bad... first sorry if you feel insulted by my post, didn't mean to offend you or other americans.
I only meant not to take these things so serious. I have many american friends and I happen often to hear some slight excess on using terms like *defense*, *attacks*, *terrorists* and these sort of things...
anyway I wouldn't like to go much too far with this discussion as it was not my intention.
What I didn't like about that test was the tone of both questions and answer. It's no good if a computer user go to that test and then thinks he's a means for *terrorists attacking* the cyberworld beacuse he did not stand for *digital defense* they way they believe you must do. I only think it is exaggerated, I only made a mistake going too far with associations with my private life. That's it.
I take back anything that may have offended anyone, but my opinion is just what I said: since that test does not seem made by expert users for expert users I think they could have treated less seriously, like you with my post kermit.

Finally, about my skills, I'm a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (read my sig)... that's not the point though, it was just to say in other words that the best thing you can learn in treating security or, more generally, administering networks is *know what you're doing* (apart from any other technical skill) and you'll rarely be exposed to any harm.

np

np

nice to see some other scores I dont take it to seriously.

oh when I see Microsoft and security in the same sentence?

hahahaha enough said :p

lol
i got a d
took the test again.. got 100 :p
lol
i don't care too much.. just my pc, dial up, antivirus, that's about all.. use firewalls on and off, don't really care too much :p they kinda screw my network tho, things dont seem to be as speedy .. so i don't use it..
not worried, nothing bad's happened so far, don't really expect it to in the near future :p if does.. o well, reformat, reinstall, not likee i don't do that like once a month anyway ;)

81 for me. I think there were some very valid points in it that a lot of people don't follow, hence the proliferation of virii.

yes

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
81 for me. I think there were some very valid points in it that a lot of people don't follow, hence the proliferation of virii.

ditto I agree ok without being paranoid there are some very basic steps and it is those that cause havoc for alot of others

Your score: 95

Your score: 100

:cool:

it's not hard 2 do, u jus put in the "proper" anwsers to get 100%. i actuly put in what i am usin + got 95:)

no 1 does every single litle thing they can to protect themselves

2z,nice:p

Hi guys, thats my result:
Your score: 94

cool

Cool

I also put in what I use after looking back a second time I see what I could do differenlty but I have yet to be hacked or infected (touch wood) ;)

Your score: 77

HMMMM. You've earned a 'C.'
Traditionally, your test score would be considered average. But consider the context. Because computers still require a fairly high degree of technical competence compared to other appliances, the average user knows relatively little about computing and perhaps even less about cybersecurity. As a result, your 'average' score indicates a high level of vulnerability. Your data and personal information may be at risk. What's more, your system could become an accomplice to spreading a virus. Or it could be used by hackers or a cyberterrorist to attack other systems or to disrupt the Internet and the vital services connected to it. Review this test and its accompanying tutorials to determine what measures you need to take. Then get busy improving your score. Remember, the safeguards suggested for users like you do not represent rocket science. Nor do they represent a budget-busting expenditure--especially when compared to the cost of identity theft, losing important files, helping to spread a virus, or

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back