Diff versions of WinXP Pro?

F

FoolishFreak

Oh boy . . . I'm really confused now . . . I know that there's verson 2600 and version 2002. I bought the WinXP Pro OEM and it says that it's version 2002. I think that's the version of the retail too. A friend of mine told me that version 2600 was the beta and I'm hearing different from a lot of people . . . ahh!!:confused:

Its The Same Thing

The Final Version Of Windows XP is:

Windows 5.1.2600

XP is also Windows 2002 (continuing the Windows 2000 line name scheme)

2600 is the build number of the final Windows XP release

They are all the same thing

JJB6486

TweakUI has an option for showing it on the desktop. Download is available from the front page I think.

im pretty sure to find the version of your xp you right click on My Computer and then go to properties . . . it should be there. Im still a little confused with all these numbers . . . what's the diff between Corporate edition and the other stuff . . retail, OEM . . .

yeah see, that's the thing that's concerning me . . . xp says that it's version 2002 and i know of versions 2600 where on my computer -> properties, it says that . . . that's why im all confused and stuff . . . :confused:

so what's better OEM or retail? the only OEM things i have on my comp are the processor and hard drive . . .

There's no difference between the OEM and retail versions.

If you already own a computer, you go to a store and purchase Windows XP Pro. That is the retail version.
If you purchase a new computer from someone like Compaq, Dell etc. you get an OEM version of XP preinstalled on your computer.

The "Corporate" edition of XP Pro is a version bought by large corporations so that they can use it on all their computers. As a result, activation is not required.

There are NO differences in the features. All versions of Windows XP Pro work the same and have the same features.

2002 and 2600 are the same thing

2002 Is The YEAR it was released (keeping with the Windows 95, 98, 2000, etc name convention)

2600 is the BUILD NUMBER

Either way they both refer to the same version of windows

JJB6486

FoolishFreak, I love the pic in your sig, just totally different, nice change from the rest of the sigs around here.

just messing with you, j/k

welcome to XP-erience

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back