Did you pick up a Touchpad for $99 or $150 over the weekend?

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Vanquished, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

Just thought I'd see how many of us were able to/wanted to get a tablet at the severely discounted price over the weekend.
    I spent an hour or two clicking and waiting to get my tablet from HP's SBSO site. I was successful finally and I should be receiving my $99 dollar HP Touchpad sometime next week.
    So, was anybody else so fortunate?

2. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

Didn't know anything about that tablet, until now. And I think it was US only, well at least not Canada. And well I already got my XOOM.

3. Vanquished

Hmm,
    If they were selling them in Canada I bet they were 100 bucks somewhere up there.
    I just couldnt resist buying the tablet that I wanted for 100 bucks.
    Im so bored with android that an android tablet wasnt worth it for me. I've had an iphone so the iPad was also boring, and the playbook I just thought was overpriced.

4. technokid88

technokid88 Part of a System Folding Team

Hey I tried but the site kept crashing and giving a error on HP. But the next day after they put sold out on the website. I went into my cart, and i had one left in it and i palled the order it went thought. So on my iphone i went back and I had 5 in the cart I also bought them. They took my money and I think they will ship them out on the 24th to me lol. I just got super lucky on it.

5. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I was nearly tempted to try and get one, but at the end of the day every site that sells them gets knocked over instantly and I also like "expensive" devices I buy to have some sort of supported future.

6. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Why would you want 5? lol

7. Vanquished

Sweet, thats awesome. Looking back on it, I shoulda got more but it was kinda just like a mad dash and scramble to try and get one through all the server errors that HP had.

8. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Looks like I got screwed on the the whole Amazon/OnSale fiasco.

Techno, if you want to sell one, let me know.

9. Vanquished

That sucks.
    I'm just praying that HP does actually ship out my order, it says confirmed and will ship tomorrow but I still worry. I've already bought a touchstone charging dock for 55 bucks so I'd rather not have had that be a throw away of good money.
    I also really want a Touchpad :D

10. technokid88

technokid88 Part of a System Folding Team

Give a one away... and sell some to my friends at a fair price.

11. dreamliner77

My order from OnSale did end up going through. UPS tried to deliver it yesterday but I wasn't home. Hopefully I'll have it on Monday.

12. Vanquished

Sweet.
    My order from HP they say went through (I called them to make sure) but apparently they are WAY more backlogged than they thought and mine isn't going to ship out til they say thursday at the earliest or next week...
    I'm just sittin here like, come on HP. You had to know this was gonna happen...
    Still worth it in my opinion. If I don't get it, im gonna be pissed cuz I already spent 80 bucks on a case and the touchstone charger in preparation.

13. dreamliner77

I got mine today. Unfortunately I haven't played with it as I'm still having power issues here.

14. newsome815

newsome815 OSNN One Post Wonder

I wish I did! My coworker got 2 for $99 each. Jealous!