Did you order the Leg or the Lobster?

J

Jahya

HOUSTON, Texas (Reuters) -- An Alaska woman, shocked to receive part of her dead father's leg in the mail instead of the gourmet "LobsterGram" she was expecting, has filed suit against the Houston, Texas, firm that sent it, alleging mental anguish.

LaMara Lane wants $1 million for breach of contract and the mental anguish that beset her after opening what she thought was a food gift delivered to her home in the Alaskan town of North Pole, according to the lawsuit filed in federal court.

But Identigene Inc., which does DNA testing, said it was only following orders from a North Dakota judge when it shipped the leg to Lane last year.

"We have a court order that says send it to this place and this woman," Identigene President Caroline Caskey told Reuters. "I feel like I'm in 'The Twilight Zone.' "

The odd saga began in 2000 when George Semmens died in North Dakota. He left his $200,000 estate to Lane, who was his only child, but whose mother he never married.

A sister of Semmens challenged whether Lane was his daughter, which resulted in a North Dakota judge ordering his body exhumed for DNA testing.

Identigene confirmed that Lane was his daughter.

Tony Buzbee, an attorney for Lane, a 41-year-old teacher's aide married to a hunter, said the leg arrived in a container designed to keep contents cold, which led Lane to believe she had been sent a LobsterGram, a popular gift in the frozen north.

Buzbee told the Houston Chronicle that Lane was so shocked "she's had to store the bone and flesh in her neighbor's freezer."

Link to original article.

Why the hell didn't they call or send a letter explaining what they were gonna do before they shipped it??? Damn that is dumb.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back