dial up wont work

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by bluzeboy, Dec 9, 2002.

1. bluzeboy

bluzeboy Bluzeboy

Des Moines,Ia
    When I attempt to launch ie browser icon ,when I did this before it used to launch my dial up ,now it does’nt , anyone have any ideas why it won’t work now?
  2. Leevoy

Leevoy Guest

Well my isp which is freeserve give you a small program a few bytes long which does this for you.

I don't like that and decided to bypass the file.

So I manually configured my dial-up myself.

If you know how to then o.k.

I don't like when I click IE, Netscape, Mozilla, Opera, MSN browser or Phoenix connecting to the net when I click them.

I build websites for myself and currently I am doing Project XC

for a project for an organistation which I will run.

So i have to have every available browser to make sure it look o.k. in every browser I can or others use.

If you have to dial-up manually that's gotta be better thn clicking browser just to do it.

Other suggestions are, go to a restore point if you use that and roll back to before it went wrong, or use Goback for same purpose.

All I can suggest after re-reading is as long as you are on the net don't worry about it.

Last thing you need is to stress yourself over a minor hitch.

Try going to control panel>>internet options>>then always dial default connection that might cure it.

Be sexy leevoy:)))))
  3. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Ice Crown Citadel
    open IE click Tools > Internet Options > Connections tab and you should see under dial up and vpn connections your dial up session make sure it is set as Default. Then below that make sure you have a dot next to where it says Always Dial My Default Connection. Click ok and then close the browser. Reopen IE and it should prompt to dial.
  4. bluzeboy

bluzeboy Bluzeboy

Des Moines,Ia
    thanks leevoy somehow my my default got unchecked