Dial-up Connection

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by pele35, Dec 24, 2001.

  1. pele35

    pele35 Guest

    Have got a strange thing happening when I dial-up, when I first turn the machine on I can dial up without any problems about 2 or 3 times, after that if i dial up my connection just dies, packets recieved sticks at a few hundred , and my browser returns the error cannot find remote server.
    At first thought this might be a DNS thing but IP addresses get no joy either cannot telnet ping etc, it looks like a healthy connection but its not, the only thing that fixes this is a restart, nothing else and believe me I have tried seems to work.
    At first restarting windows was not such a big ordeal, but now its starting to really piss me off, any sort of help would be much appreciated
    Many thanks in advance
    Ive
     
  2. I have similar problem, but mine only arises when I switch ISP's. I am currently using same solution and I must admit, it does get a bit tedious having to restart.
     
  3. wrighar

    wrighar Guest

    Same here and the same solution, big red switch.
     
  4. Rhod

    Rhod Guest

    Me too

    I think this is the same problem I'm having. IE 6 will find a couple of websites just fine, then I get a "cannot find server" error as if my connection doesn't exist. But it does exist. It's right there. I hope someone finds the answer to this before I do something foolish like install Linux.
     
  5. pele35

    pele35 Guest

    It seems to be Zone Alarm since removing it have had no further trouble
     
  6. I had the same problem, but for me it was fine once I stopped using Zonealarm Pro and stopped it from starting up with Windows. Had no problems since, running Tiny Personal Firewall now...