"Device/Harddisk1/DR2" - the bane of my exsistance

Andy

Meep.
"Device/Harddisk1/DR2" - the bane of my existence

Recently, I'm getting the "Device/Harddisk1/DR2" popping up when I open certain programs (namely ObjectDock - which opens on windows startup, and Trillian, which I open every time I start Windows) - Object dock gives one error, and hitting cancel gets rid of that - and Trillian gives about 20, before booting up.

This is becoming rather annoying - it had happened before, but a reboot sorted it out, and now it seems to have returned. Back then, i googled it - with no answer being given, but I didnt worry as rebooting sorted it out. Now it doesnt, and i'd like to know if anyone has any idea why this is happening, and how I can stop it.

Thanks.

Hmmmm, the 'answers' I have seen until now relating to the problem you have are traced back to the C or Visual Basic compiler. Most likely the VB library has gone corrupt (wild guess), so may want to google around for downloadable VB6 libraries (I believe Microsoft offers them for download). Otherwise you could try a "sfc /scannow" at the command prompt (hold your Windows XP cd ready and fetch a can of coffee), or go back to a System Restore point, dating back when you didn't have this problem.

I also took a screenshot, but forgot to post it.

Attachments

• dump.jpg
    dump.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 822
Reinstalling the VB libraries didnt help.

As for the command prompt and restore ideas, I dont want to touch anything that may risk the data on my machine until my iPod comes and I can back everything up first, and I also have System Restore turned off.

I'm still getting the error.

Is there anything else that might fix this that wouldnt involve me reinstalling xp?

i'm digging the sfc /scannow idea. but definately wait to back stuff up before doing it ;)

sfc /scannow didnt work. I've backed up, and am prepared to try anything.

I'm hoping to fix this tomorrow afternoon - if you have any ideas, please post them - this is becoming a major pain!

Uninstall objectdock and trillian. The error message you posted is generated by trillian. It thinks it has data on a disk that is no longer there. Either you deleted part of the program or it has gotten corrupted. Objectdock may have caused this so it's suspect too.

Do them one at a time. Objectdock first reboot then see what happens.

I'm assuming the disk the error message is refering to is a permanently installed HD.

For what it's worth:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330137&Product=winxp

IF you have reemovable HD insert media. The mapping may have been corrupted.

Ok - Trillian seems to be fixed by reinstall, but Objectdock still gives errors.

Anything else I can try?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back