desktop

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by bluzeboy, Sep 19, 2002.

1. bluzeboy

bluzeboy Bluzeboy

i have a image on my desktop that i originally downloaded off the web -it was one that said click on set as wallpaper -but now i can't get it off,i've changed my theme and my theme is the same picture as internet wallpaper -but my desktop wallpaper is the one i'm trying to delete,where can i find the image on my desktop so i can delete it?
    thanks
    i know it is trivial but it's driving me crazy not being able to get it off

2. dabomb

dabomb Moderator

go onto search and type internet background or summet like that to the effect and u should find it stashed away

3. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

check C:\windows\system it should be storing images there.. if you can't fin it then do a search..

4. yoyo

yoyo _________________

default wallpaper directory usually is C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper

5. bluzeboy

bluzeboy Bluzeboy

it's not default wallpaper i downloaded it

6. mudguts

mudguts Guest

It should be in your picture folder which is in your document and settings folder....

7. yoyo

yoyo _________________

If it is not there you could look in C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer if it isn't there too, it could be anywhere and you have to search.

8. mudguts

mudguts Guest

also you can check temp internet folders as well

9. chris

chris Free to Fly

I had this problem in winME. Right click on the desktop and go to Active Desktop. Its under something like 'Enable Web Content on Desktop'. Just uncheck that and the wallpaper with your theme, or whatever image you set to wallpaper will show.

10. bluzeboy

bluzeboy Bluzeboy

thanks alot chrisuk you were right on!