default xp icon folder?

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by smokeybandit, Jan 2, 2002.

1. smokeybandit

smokeybandit Guest

hey guys, i can't find where the default icon folder is in xp. i used Icon Packager and installed a Mac type oackage but it didn't change the help, fin, and run icons on start menu like it showed it would. I can't figure this out and i would really app. some help if at all possible.

P.S.- found a pretty cool sight for various skins-
    www.skinnables.org

2. waddy

waddy OSNN Senior Addict

They are in Shell32.dll

3. smokeybandit

smokeybandit Guest

sweet thnx!

sweet thanks for the info. now all i need to do is find out how to open dll files. :)

4. existenz

existenz Guest

you don't.

Right-click on the icon you want to change, then go to customize, then to Change Icon, and bring the path to C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shell32.dll.

To change the My Computer and Recycle Bin icons, right-click on desktop, properties to get to Display settings, Desktop -> Customize Desktop -> Change Icon.

the Recycle Bin is in shell32.dll and the my computer icon is in C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

5. smokeybandit

smokeybandit Guest

ok thanks for the info. i guess that's what you guys are here for. :)

6. smokeybandit

smokeybandit Guest

new problem

i have a new prob though. it wont let me change the two cd drives and the find, run, and help icons in the satart menu. when i right click and select change icon it says folders.exe not found w/ browse, cancel, and ok options. Hmmmmm.........i'm confused :(

7. Druce

Druce Guest

i have an easy solution - if u want it to look like a mac - just buy one... :D