DDR Memory questions

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by 2Shy, Mar 26, 2003.

1. 2Shy

2Shy Guest

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte GA-845PE667 motherboard, i want to upgrade my 512mb 2700 memory to 1gb so i purchased another stick of 512mb 2700 memory but i have had nothing but problems both the memory sticks work i tried them individually but when working together i get blue screen as soon as Windows XP Home kicks in... is it a thing that DDR memory is all different and you should stick with the same brands etc?

id like to hear your input

~2Shy

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

a matched pair is always good, the problem is 2 sticks cannot run the same fast timings of 1 stick, so you may have to slow down the timings a little, or trial them at pc 2100 speeds. failing that i would look for a bios update as there are probably a few updates to work around issues like yours.

3. jumpy

jumpy Guest

Firstly, may I suggest putting a few punctuation marks in your post. It would make it a lot easier to read.

On your problem: I think some boards have problems when certain memory slots are being used and/or when all slots are full. Try swapping the sticks around to different slots. If that doesnt work, try updating to the latest bios.

EDIT: Damn you Gonzo, beat me to it.

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

5. 2Shy

2Shy Guest

Flashed the motherboard and it worked great 1024mb DDR now.. sweeet!!!

Sorry for the punctuation typed it down fast missed mah dots n **** ;p

~2Shy