Dallas Mavs -- one of the worst collapses in NBA history

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by muzikool, May 4, 2007.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I enjoyed the amazing 67-game record that the Mavs had in the regular season -- it tied the 6th best record in NBA history and they could have won more than that had they played starters in the last few games. So of course I expected the Mavs to return to the NBA Finals to finish what they should have finished last year, and that's what I've really been waiting for all season.

Well, after tonight, the Mavs don't get to play another playoff game -- ousted in the first round by an amazingly hot Golden State team. Congrats to the Warriors on their ridiculous performance throughout the series. I'm sick that the Mavs are out, but I'll be rooting for the Warriors now. They just picked the perfect time to be hot, and the Mavs... I have no idea but it really doesn't matter now. :(

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

GS has owned Dallas over the last 2 seasons so I can't say that Dallas collapsed. They just met a team they were ill-equipped to deal with I feel.

3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Poor Dirk =\

4. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Yeah, I actually didn't want to GS to make the playoffs because I knew they'd be an 8-seed and I didn't want to play them. But the playoffs is wholly different from the regular season, and Dallas should have taken control of the series like a conference champ and near league champ. GS matched up very well with Dallas and I'm interested to see how they play against their next round opponent.

Yeah, I feel really bad for him because he's the kind of player that you want to see succeed. He's not arrogant, he's a hard worker and a team player. He's performed well under pressure in the past, but that wasn't the case in this playoffs series. I hope it makes him stronger for next year.

5. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Dirk will be the new AK next season :cool:

6. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

Dallas is a great team, look out for them next year, need some tweaking but not much. Dirk will be back, I believe stackhouse needs to go. He seems to play well but everywhere he goes the team collapses . my 2 cents,

BTw Pistons FTW next round.