Creating Forms in Front Page

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by gmagnuson, Nov 15, 2003.

1. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

Hi, I have Microsoft Front Page 2003, I am trying to create a form. I inserted a form, and created all of the boxes, set the values correct. Checked my options and set it to e-mail me the results. I uploaded it to my web server, and it keeps coming up with this error: HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed-Internet Information Services.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I would be willing to give the form to anyone that is willing to look it over and explain to me what I am doing wrong. I have checked my server settings and made sure that front page extensions are configured properly and enabled. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

2. Tinker

Tinker Guest

I am having the same type of issue. I can load my website to my server (Windows 2003 Ent.) via the LAN but if I try to publish the site with FP2002 it just will not let me. I can take the same website and publish it to a host that I use and have no problems at all.

Sorry that I do not have the answer, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone on this one...

:D

3. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

The server your uploading to may need FrontPage Extentions enabled.

Just an idea...im not expert.

4. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

I made sure their are enabled.

5. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Learn PHP and write scripts with that. FrontPage extension have been a known way for attackers to gain entry to a server.

I admin for a hosting company, and we log about 50,000 attempts a month to try to use fp extensions when its not even enabled.

6. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

I want to learn PHP, but the problem is on this web server it does not support php. Eventually I will learn it on another server. I am trying to get this working for an organization they only receive 700 hits a month.... Not a well know site, I just need to get it working and soon.

7. X-Istence

If you want to get something working very soon, i doubt that frontpage is your tool.

8. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

what ever happened to writing html the correct way with notepad, it is a very easy language? I've seen more problems with these site using page generators like frontpage, just do the work yourself. If you cant use PHP, use javascript.

9. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

tools to write webcode

vi
    notepad
    nano
    emacs
    bluefish
    Maguma PHP Studio
    DreamWeaver
    GoLive

Things to not touch webcode with a 50ft pole
    MS FrontPage
    MS Word <-- there have been sites I have seen which were done in word, I am serious

btw the list of tools to use, all except the last 2 have free versions
    vi, nano, bluefish I think are nix only, but notepad is there and I think you can get emacs for windows

10. X-Istence

I am serious. FrontPage is a waste of time.

Add to the list above that geffy made:

kWrite

Its what i am using currently cause bluefish is a ***** to get it to work right.