Create DVD Movies And About Compression help

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ste_w, Sep 4, 2004.

1. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

Hi all

I am Currently Converting A Divx File To Mpeg Using "Number 1 Video Convertor" this will take about 6hrs but is very easy to use, (anyone know a quicker but just as easy to use program) and i want to put it on DVD now i will do this using Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 However, i paused the conversion so at the mo the file is only 135mb but is only like 1% Through the conversion, anyway i went to see how much space this 135mb file would take up on the dvd if i put it on now and it said 4.5GB, The file is only 1% Done at 100% theres no way it will fit, how do i compress the file so small that the full movie that is being converted (600mb) will fit baring in mind the mpeg file may b bigger than the 600mb DIVX version.

If anyone Can name Better Software for the job let me know

Pls Help

Thanx

Ste_W

Sazar likes this.
  2. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Best softwares:

TMPGEnc (free) for converting.
    TMPGEnc DVD Author for burning/authoring.

Get them from here: http://videohelp.com/tools

edit: Use the Nero's overburn feature if it doesn't fit on a CD-R.

Sazar likes this.
  3. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

i want to put the File on a DVD using Roxio Easy Cd n DVD Creator 6 so i can do more things to the menu etc, however wat format shud i convert the 600mb + file to so that it will

4. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Yes you can put the menu and everything using TMPGEnc DVD Author too.

5. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

ive managed to convert the movie n get it on DVD however is there away to make muisc play on the menu Screen using Nerovision?

6. ~bk

~bk I Political User

I don't know. I've never used NeroVision. :/

7. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I personally use VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, TmpgEnc, TmpegDVD Author, and BeSplit (To Fix AC3) to do everything. All of them free except for the DVD author. A quick and easy app for doing things for you though is DVD Santa. Their encoder is a lot faster than TmpegEnc. Less than half the time to encode and burn.