CPU Temperature

Ah i got problems

Hey my computer is a pentium 3 and its cpu temperature rises at 65 Celisius when playing warcraft III. after and hour or the compuuter freezes and i have to restart. Is it the hard drave that overheats or is it the cpu that causes the freeze.

Thx if you can help

P3 playing warcraft 3 ? whoa... what mhz is it ?

what gfx card u using ? thats probably where the problem lies m8 ;)

MdSalih

Re: LOL

Originally posted by Merrifield
Why did you buy a Shuttle barebone?
oh, and the average cpu temp for PIII's is 40-50c

and to the dude with the oddly high temp on the P4 thats not possible, P4's have built-in overheating protection, and will slow down to the point of being an equivlent of a 2x86 to keep the temp down.:)

Nice avatar...looks familiar! :cool: (I got mine from AMD's website)

I have an AMD 1900XP, default clock is 1.6 Ghz, I am running at 1630, I usually stay at 116 F. under hard usage, otherwise its @ 113 F.

I have a total of 9 fans in an Antec 1040,
(looks like Alienware case)

What is the best performing/ best looking CPU fan/heatsink ?

I need it to look cool as I have Case mod w/ windows and cold cathodes .

Any suggestions?

1900XP AMD
1.0 Gig PC2700 Corsair DDR-SDRAMM
GeForce 4 Ti4400 (not OCed)
SB Live 5.1 Gamer
2 20 Gig WD HD on RAID 0
CD burner
CD/DVD
Klipsche 4.1 THX
27" MEC Multisync ($7000 monitor, got it for $300 @ auction!!!!)

Will post pics of completed rig once I finish painting, not a very good painter, better stick to day job!

CW

I have a 1.3 ghz Celeron running @ 1.48 with a stock fan and heat sink...no thermal compound or any other of that high tech stuff....and i have a 80 mm fan rippid out of an old computer's power supply.....lol..works fine and quit silent...idle runs @ 38-40 degrees Celsius, full load about 42-45 degrees...depending on outside temperature..and for the case..idle 36-38
and full load about 39-40....

Originally posted by SeeKerS
What is the normal CPU temperature? I think i need a better Fan it seem my comp heats up pretty fast.

normal ? 45 --- > 54 . Up to 60 at risk ..

ok and here I was getting all freaked if my rig was running too hot..

my processor is a 1900+ XP (1.6 gig stock) and I have been tinkering with the voltages and bus speeds to clock it different ways... you know... new toy kinda thing...

I've had my rig less than a week now..

anyhow my temps run at 35 for the cpu and 32-34 for the case...

all in celsius..

I have 2 intake/2 out take fans on the case... I have an antec SX1040B case... not the queitest in the world but I love it anyway... has a 400W powersupply and 10 drive bays to store ALL of my drives... :)

the highest temp my rig has run... and this was with my putting abou 45 percent load on the system... was around 39 celsius... it has not gone over yet though I have not severly overclocked my rig yet... in which case it will jump I suppose...

on the cpu I have a copper shim to conduct heat/thermal compound and my heatsink is a coolermaster copper fan... works wonders I think...

was reading with a combination of voltage settings/fsb manipulation that I should be able to crank my rig up to the equivalent of a 3 gig pentium system (not northwood I would suspect)... earlier it had said 2.7 odd gigs but I was running the board at a default setting of 100 FSB...

over impressions... I am not so worried about a fried chip anymore..

will keep you posted when i break 40 degrees celsius..

btw my apartment has an ambient temperature of 70 degrees fahrenheit...

btw how do you guys mean full load ?

the most load I normally put on my computer is through gaming... but with counterstrike running ( i did ctrl+alt+del) as well as a couple of websites/word/mIRC running all at the same time... my CPU usage was topping out at 12 percent...

is that sufficient to call a load?

in my old rig if I just had counter-strike running that was 100 percent... so it would be appreciated if someone could tell me how to stress out my machine...

thanks in advance...

Full Load

as you know we have pretty much the same rig...

Although I have 9 fans a copper heatsink for CPU and my CPU runs at 45 at 1600 Mhz, no load..

As far as full load, no CS will not do it.. you need something like
SETI@home, a number cruncher that decipher radio wave data for SETI, (they use your CPU to crunch their data.)

Your computer is pretty cold, youre doing good. When I OC @ 1650 I get up to 49 not sure whatthe problem is but I amnow shopping for watercooling system !

Dont want to haveany meltdowns !

Does anyone know what the temp threshold is for these AMD 1900 chips ?

I cant find any hard data other than mere speculation.

SeeKerS, My suggestion is to put back the original CPU Fan with Thermal Compound. See if the temps lower to what they were. Then play Warcraft III. If it still locks up It could be the game that's doin it, like MdSalih said.

But if it's stable after reinstalling the original Fan. I'd suffer with some noise and get a better fan than the Cool/Cooler Master. Get the biggest, quietest CPU Fan you can get for your setup.

Go to this site and look up the best solution for your CPU and Case config.

http://www.coolerguys.com/

Also if the Vid Card is overheating that will screw it up to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back