.:CPU Temperature :. (too high?)

Mooz

Moozically Con~foozed
Hi all, i am running a Socket A athlon chip at 1300 and mobo monitor reports average temperature of 59 degrees on the cpu i have had instabilllity probs in the past and was wondering if anyone knows the ideal temperature for these things to run at ?

any feedback would be great

Cheers

.:mooz:.:D

actually the cooler the better and I believe 60c is about the top for that chip as far as safe zone.. I'd get some arctic silver and a new bigger fan... if you can get it to stay around 42c you'll like yourself more.

:D

hehehe I didn't even notice where it was in the firstplace..

and just a sidenote...
Jewellz as much as I like your avitar and all, I'd rather see your pic there... lets pretty this place up a bit.

Keep it below 70C, set yourself a 60C max temp and get better cooling.

Insability, try upping the Vcore!

Mine is usuing retail HSF and never goes above 56C, and idles at around 40C

Try getting a Volcano 7+.
Mine stays between 35 on Idle and 45 On a full Load after a few hours of use.

My PC (ShitBox) Windows XP Pro on a AMD AThlon XP 1800+ with a Volcano 7+ (With Speed Control) | ECS K7S5A Motherboard | 256 MB PC133 SDRam | Sony 16X DVD-ROM | 20x10x40x CD-R/RW | 15 GB Maxtor Hard Drive | Integrated SiS735 Onboard NIC | OnBoard SIS735 Integrated AC97 Audio Codec | Lexmark 1100 ColorJet Printer (Still Going Fine) | Gravis GamePad Pro | Microsoft Cordless Wheel Mouse | 15" Dayterk Monitor @ 1024*768*32 and 19 Television @ 800*600*32 on GeForce2 MX200 64MB Max Overclocked

Why not go for a Volcano9!!!

v9a.jpg

Thermaltake.com

I'm sure will be problems with it's size ..
I saw an Athlon T-Bird 1.3 workin' at 65 really fine .
Mine at 1.1 stays now at 55 degrees ( no problems ) but in my room are 34 :rolleyes: ..

it could be ur case u know, if u have alot of stuff in ur comp and it isnt a v.big case then the air cant flow properly so therefor the heat stays in the case and can cause ur cpu to be to hot.
If that isnt the problem then i would buy some arctic silver 3, a BIG heatsink, like a coolmaster or somethin and get some intake fans and the temp will go DOWN!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back