CPU Fan

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by chaos945, Feb 12, 2004.

1. chaos945

chaos945 Moderator

Well I've switched my CPU fan over to a molex connector as well as all the other fans in my case. Anyone see any problems that could arise by doing this, besides spinning lower? Anyhow temps are not aweful, and I'm not overclocking I just CAN'T STAND TO LISTEN TO MY COMPUTER TAKE OFF ANYMORE! One of these days I'm going to just have to break down and buy silent harddrives and a new CPU cooler, these two things are making most of the noise in my case. 2 Maxtor hard drives 7200RPM, ATA100/133, 40gb,30gb, CPU fan is stock for AMD Athlon 2100+ TB.

2. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

It's not going to make any difference at all. The RPM's of the fans should be the same too. You should get a fan controller if you want to slow them down.

3. toretto

toretto Mentally Absent

or you could try and remove any obstructions from in front of your case fans, such as the grills, all those little nasty holes in that fans take the air from. i have since removed all mine... and it is is bit quieter... another thing, just invest in some 120mm fans... those kick ass and move a lot of air quieter.

4. peter6z

peter6z OSNN One Post Wonder

where?

hey where do you install 120mm fans in a case? in the back?

5. chaos945

chaos945 Moderator

I installed a 120mm fan in the FRONT of my case. There are 2 80's in the back, but it depends on the case or if you want to mod the one you have.

6. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

I have a 120mm in the front and in the back :)

7. toretto

toretto Mentally Absent

me too