CPU Cooling Utilities!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by XP Abuser, Oct 4, 2002.

1. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

evening!
    i just took the oportunity to download a cpu monitoring program and noticed my cpu is running at 72 degrees celsius which is gonna kill it if i dont do something about it im not overclocking it and can anyone shot me a good program that cools the cpu
    cheers!!:rolleyes:

2. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

a program that cools the cpu? i think you need way better cooling dude...what cpu u using?

3. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

what cpu?.....
    and um...is it ferinheight?...(sp?)
    hm...thas a lot in celsius...buhh yea..check the heat sink...c if its on rite...n had good contact......n with thermal greese too

4. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

don't believe that s***..your CPU is sitting inside your PC case so how come a program can cool it down? by farting?
    buy a good CPU cooler.
    those program are either going to burn your CPU or gonna slow down your machine.

5. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Get A better heat sink and a bigger fan!! get case fans , open the case for now that will increase air flow, place a room fan close by and have it blow into the open case , but programs to cool? never heard of that

6. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

7. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

8. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

if your overclocking thats not a good idea

your fans stop & the temperature rises quickly

what you may need is a fan that continues to work for a few minutes after the box has been turned off

:cool:

9. anewhope

anewhope Guest

Right, if it's hot don't bother with programs that tell you, just get an aluminium case and put 2 fans on top, two on the side and get the biggest, fattest fan and heatsink for your processor. Oh wait, thats gonna sound like concorde. Well, it's what i'm gonne be doing!

10. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User