Counter-Strike in-game voice

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by shulse, Jan 11, 2003.

1. shulse

shulse Guest

This is probably something so simple that I have overlooked, but I am having trouble with enabling in game voice. I have the 'enable voice in this mod' and 'use microphone for voice commands' boxes checked in the customization menu.

When I jump on a server I see that EVERYONE but me has the 'voice command enabled' icon on the in-game players menu.

All of my hardware (microphone) is telling me that it's working properly.

What am I not doing correctly?

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Basically you can't mute yourself. If only you could then the voices would perhaps one day stop there relentless chattering.

Press K (default) in game to chat, you should see a chat icon appear on the right, about two thirds down the screen.

3. koko

koko Got Root?

i think in cs, you actually have to assign a key to voice-comm. i have mine set to 'Q'.

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

1.6 beta tomorrow... woohoo!

5. All you have to do is bring down console and type the following -

bind KEY +voicerecord

where KEY is any key you want (mine is set to HOME key). You do not need to put quotes either. Just type it exactly as I did except insert your key into the KEY. So, to make it set to HOME key you would type this -

bind HOME +voicerecord

thats it.

6. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

are you talkin bout the speaker icon on the right side in the menu? if so...dont think u see your own...i dont have one either but voice works fine.......have u even tried talkin to confirm if everythings working?

7. Misfire

Misfire OSNN Addict

voice_loopback 1

8. shulse

shulse Guest

Re: Re: Counter-Strike in-game voice

Ahhh....ok. But my voice is till not working. Anyways, its not a big deal. Judging by the crap that I hear coming across the lines, it isn't worth it anyway. Sounds like a NY City subway loudspeaker. Which isn't good.

Thanks for the advice all. At least now I can CONFIRM that my in-game voice doesn't work! :happy: