Could not open "Install.Log" file??????

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mazspeed@redshi, Oct 2, 2002.

1. I keep getting this if I want to get rid of some software.. How do I fix this?

Thanks in Advance all

Cheers
    Mike

2. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

What are you trying to open the file with?? You should be able to open it with notepad.

3. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

you cant youve been erased or (install.log) has been erased i got tat with windows blinds try reinstalling it and then uninstall..just a guess tho

4. yoyo

yoyo _________________

I also get this message, if I try to uninstall one program (a crappy freeware screenshot app.). The Install.log file is there, at the specified path, as well as the unwise.exe file. Did not find a solution yet. I guess the reason lies within the program you want to get rid off. Probably no other chance than uninstalling manually.

5. I did reinstall the files, but this happeneds on different programs too.. It happeneds when uninstalling other programs.. Can I replace the file, and if so, what directory is it?

Thanks guys
    Mike

6. yoyo

yoyo _________________

There is an Install.log file, a different one, for every program. Usually it is in the same folder as the program. You can not replace it. As far as I know it is basically a textfile giving the uninstall information to the unwise.exe (Installshield Uninstall utility).