Could gadgets like BlackBerries and cell phones ring up lawsuits?

Discussion in 'Submitted News' started by ameilius, Aug 29, 2006.

1. ameilius

ameilius OSNN Addict

Link = http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9002731

2. jpom

jpom OSNN Addict

I'm getting really sick of all this addiction bs. Frankly IMHO if you let your personal life be destroyed by being addicted to your blackberry, the internet, a game etc. then there is something else wrong, there is some underlying problem.Besides which how can you become addicted to a blackberry, personally I love mine, it gets both my work and personal emails as well as doubling as my work/personal phone, so I carry it everywhere. But really if your in the middle of something and it goes off then ignore it, get to it later. If your working on call or something then you obviously are obligated to answer, but that's not being addicted, because that's part of your job. But if your out on your anniversary on a day off with your Significant Other (or whatever) and you insist on spending the time typing away on your blackberry then a) you have issues b) that's not being addicted to the blackberry that's being a workaholic, and imho workaholics are not really addicted to work but rather they are using work to escape some other part of their life.Either way this is just another example of people not taking responsability for their own problems and trying to make some easy money in the process.

3. ameilius

ameilius OSNN Addict

agreed!