Corporate Windows Update Retired

V

vdubVR6

Corporate Windows Update Retired

guess this is how microsofts is going to handle the devils own cd key wonder if it will work(or how long):cool:

Corporate Windows Update Not Retired... Just moved

The corporate Windows Update has been moved to Here. You need to have XP to use it.

You Bet. I've got a CD full of Windows Upates that I downloaded on the school T3 line so I wouldn't have to wait for it to download on my slow dial-up connection at home. It works great.

:confused:

This has nothing to do with any of Microsoft's products... it has to do with a service provided by microsoft. In this case, how corporations receive their updates. Don't panic yet.

The way I understand it, it just means that corporations can't keep updates on a company owned server anymore. They have to get all of the updates from Microsoft. But I could be wrong.

Unless I am mistaken this "new update site" ya'll are talking about is the same Windows Catalog site that has always been there for the sake of downloading and saving window updates from.

Just a different (manual) procedure for corporate.

hmm thats cool i was just wondering anyways:D i am at work so i couldnt really check it out myself.

Yes, this is basically just the Windows Catalogue. You click the start menu link and after the WU page loads you add "?corporate=true" to the end of the URL (minus the quotes of course). Quite simple and you can use it to get updates for a company owned server. You just have to read up on it a bit. It's not much use to me anymore cause I'm finished school for now but it worked great for getting the larger updates on the school's fast connection because I didn't want to spend the time downloading them at home on my slow connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back