Corporate Windows Update Retired

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by vdubVR6, Jul 5, 2002.

1. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

Corporate Windows Update Retired

guess this is how microsofts is going to handle the devils own cd key wonder if it will work(or how long):cool:

2. cruiser78

cruiser78 Me

Corporate Windows Update Not Retired... Just moved

The corporate Windows Update has been moved to Here. You need to have XP to use it.

3. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

did you d/l from the new update site?

4. cruiser78

cruiser78 Me

You Bet. I've got a CD full of Windows Upates that I downloaded on the school T3 line so I wouldn't have to wait for it to download on my slow dial-up connection at home. It works great.

5. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

:confused:

This has nothing to do with any of Microsoft's products... it has to do with a service provided by microsoft. In this case, how corporations receive their updates. Don't panic yet.

6. AKHeero

AKHeero Guest

The way I understand it, it just means that corporations can't keep updates on a company owned server anymore. They have to get all of the updates from Microsoft. But I could be wrong.

7. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

Unless I am mistaken this "new update site" ya'll are talking about is the same Windows Catalog site that has always been there for the sake of downloading and saving window updates from.

Just a different (manual) procedure for corporate.

8. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

hmm thats cool i was just wondering anyways:D i am at work so i couldnt really check it out myself.

9. cruiser78

cruiser78 Me

Yes, this is basically just the Windows Catalogue. You click the start menu link and after the WU page loads you add "?corporate=true" to the end of the URL (minus the quotes of course). Quite simple and you can use it to get updates for a company owned server. You just have to read up on it a bit. It's not much use to me anymore cause I'm finished school for now but it worked great for getting the larger updates on the school's fast connection because I didn't want to spend the time downloading them at home on my slow connection.