Contol panel - Remove program

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by cat826237, Jul 18, 2003.

1. cat826237

cat826237 Guest

Can't remove a program in the add-remove. How else could it be done??
  2. cpugeniusmv

cpugeniusmv Computer Genius

look in the program directory for an uninstaller. if there isn't one, then just delete everything associated with the program.
  3. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Usually not really a good idea to just delete the program's folder. You should at least try to clean up the registry afterwards.

Sometimes it helps to reinstall the program on top of itself so that you can uninstall it.

Btw. cat... what error message do you get?
  4. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Regcleaner will surelly help you :eek:
  5. cat826237

cat826237 Guest

ADD/REMOVE states that it cannot find the location where boot magic was originally installed.
  6. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
  7. Leevoy

Leevoy Guest

If you have boot magic, I have fat32 drive C:, Drive D: and E: are ntfs and XP pro is installed on F: ntfs partition.

Before I tell you how to uninstall it, I want to ask you. When you booted with Boot Magic installed did it cause a crash?

Did you realise Boot Magic will only install on first drive, hence in my case C:?

I am such a tease, you have to uninstall it by inserting the partition magic CD r.o.m. select Boot magic folder on disk, open it up hit .exe to install then it will ask you if you want to repair or remove.

That's it :)
  8. cat826237

cat826237 Guest

No crash on install. I am getting the message that I installed boot magic to a partition then I deleted that partition without uninstalling boot magic first.